- When I am deep in thought or stressed out, I incessantly pick at my nail polish, both on my fingers and toes. My husband doesn't think it's that charming when he finds little flecks of red polish on our coffee table, but I told him he married the whole package. ;)
- My favorite book is Les Miserables. I think it is one of the most perfect stories ever written.
- I used to ride horses regularly, and was pretty good at it. I rode English dressage and especially liked the knee-high boots, black velvet hat and riding slacks I got to wear.
- I live for raw brownie batter. If I'm having a bad day, a giant bowl of brownie batter and a Golden Girls DVD will make me happy again.
- I'm almost fluent in Farsi and am working on becoming fully fluent. I can understand about 90% of Persian conversation, but can only currently speak about 45 to 50%.
- I didn't pierce my ears until sophomore year of college because I am terrified -- I mean terrified -- of needles.
- When I was little, there was no gum allowed in my elementary school. Seeing this as an entrepreneurial opportunity, I snuck packs of gum (aka my contraband) in and sold individual pieces to my classmates as my own black market business venture. I was a bad kid.
This week in books 4/30/17
6 hours ago