But I refuse to give up my skirts and dresses just yet. That's what winter is for anyway, right? And sadly the winters are long and hard here in Washington DC -- okay, maybe not that bad, but for a beachbum born and raised, I may as well be living in Siberia. So I've put a few key pieces together that are fabulous for indoor, non-Eastern Block temps, yet can all be covered and belted with the perfect trench for cooler outdoor weather.
I bought tickets for Love and I to see a ballet at the Kennedy Center in late November, and I think this outfit I put together (above) would be perfect. Ballet or not, it would also "razzle dazzle them" when worn out for a nice dinner, drinks with friends or just to kick your night up a notch.
- Purple Crystal Rose ring, Butler & Wilson, $35
- Satin Bow A-Line skirt, Forever 21, $19.80
- Dressy halter, Forever 21, $17.80
- Multi-chain necklace, Forever 21, $6.80
- Santi Blaire fabric clutch, Amazon.com, $95 (pricey, but very easy to make from scratch. Already bought the fabric, which only cost about $4!)
- Wing Tip pumps, Charlotte Russe, $24.99
Trekking out to Old Navy anytime soon? Then be sure to try all these tres chic finds (above) on when you're ready to hit the fitting rooms! All together they cost a grand total of $104 -- a perfect price for four different, polished looks. Hurry though, sizes (as always at Old Navy) are running out fast!:
- Black Stretch Ponte-Cap Sleeved Dress, Old Navy, $29.50
- Baby Blue Belted Cowl Neck Dress, Old Navy, on sale for $20!!! (Hideous shoes they paired with the garment, but I love the dress nonetheless.
- White Turtleneck Sweater Dresses, Old Navy, $34.50
- Pink Wrap-Front Knit Dress, Old Navy, $20
Ah to feel Parisian all year-round! The above outfit I conjured up is fun, flirty and feminine. Stand out in bold colors when everyone else around you is bundled up in grays and blacks!
- Bonjour Eiffel Tower Brooch, KristenGrace.com, $24
- Pink Neck Scoop Cardigan, MissSelfridge.com, on sale for $18.50
- A-Line Floral Skirt, Forever 21, $24.50
- Green clutch, Forever 21, $12.90
- Black Scarf, BonPrixSecure.com, $12
- Pearl necklace, Forever 21, $6.90
- Pink heels, www.Heels.com, $49.50
Everyone needs a good pair of boots, either high heeled or otherwise. I had all high heeled boots until recently when I became obsessed with finding perfect riding boots and found a pair of Nine Wests on sale. I don't know why I'm on such a riding-boot kick lately ... maybe it's all the horse-back riding Betty Draper's been doing in her fabulous black boots on Mad Men. Regardless, above are three adorable boot ideas that I would buy if I didn't already own so much footwear. Oh who am I kidding, I just ordered those Charlotte Russe wing tip pumps. While I work on my willpower, here are the prices:
- Black riding boots, Kohls.com, on sale for $46.99
- Tan Type Z Ashley heeled boots, Zappos.com, $149
- Brown Naturalizer riding boots, Zappos.com, $109 (I like my Nine Wests a little better, but these are cute too.)
And lastly, to keep you toasty and fashionable this fall say hello two of the cheapest yet quality trenches on the Web (above), both on sale right now at the Gap. I want both!! Must....not.....succumb.......
take a million bucks to look like a million bucks.
In fact, I don't think being on a budget ever looked this fashionable! ;)